School's Out! I have exactly 4 days until summer school starts up. A short break, but a profitable way to spend my time. Summer school gets out at noon each day, so this will still be a BREAK!! It's time to clean my closets!
Gypsy! I auditioned for, and have been cast in a small part (actually 3 small parts) in the play Gypsy, at a Community Theatre! I will be playing a stage mother, a neighbor, and a show girl. You might wonder what possessed me to audition for a play? Well, you know people do all sorts of things for the thrill of it. Some people run naked down a public street, some jump from planes. I like to go into auditions with little to no preparation, not knowing if I will make a complete and utter fool of myself, or just impress the HECK out of the judges who will be baffled to learn that a career on Broadway has somehow eluded me! This experience was closer to the former. This would be why the parts are small! But I'm excited. I've had a life-long love of the theatre and a life-long dream of being part of the play!
Archie! Archie went for his final check-up at the vet yesterday and had his stitches removed!! Then, in a touching ceremony late last night...Archie's Elizabethan collar was removed! He began IMMEDIATELY to lick himself clean. Something he hasn't been able to do for 12 days! This morning he has run all over the apartment celebrating his ability to move with the agility of a proud hunter once more! I'm really happy and relieved for him. I would have gladly worn the collar for him, but they didn't have one in my size!! (not to mentioned the funny looks I would have received at work).
Happy Memorial Day weekend! And let's remember the meaning of the holiday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home