Red Headed Step Child

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Only 7 months since my last post. Not too bad. So much has happened that it's gonna take some time to catch up!!

Here's a thumbnail of noteworthy things since May. Of course travel is ALWAYS part of it!!

Rehearsed in May and June for Gypsy and the play ran (9 shows I think)in July. Had a blast and met lots of fun people! An embarrassing amount of friends and family attended to see me for 14 seconds on stage and that was the sweetest thing EVER! Megan, Jake, Luke and Sage came from OK (my cousins). Don and Gerene (cousins) from Georgetown, TX; Kathy and Pat (sis and bro-in-law) from Providence, TX; and Tom and Megan (Megan is a fabulous friend that I teach with, Tom her husband); and Heath (my personal trainer and his wife Jeanie). I'm so spoiled by supportive friends and family.

Went to the Bahamas and stayed at Atlantis the week before school started with my dear cousins from OK!! Can I refer to them as the Moores? Sounds cold, but they are some of my closest, dearest friends and relatives, but there are A LOT of them! Including, Mark, Megan, Jake, Luke, Sage, Emerson and Adeline. You will also hear an occasional reference to one of their pets, Daisy (the greyhound), Rachel (boston terrier), Penelope "Penny" (chiwa wa???) Mingo (Cornish Rex-cat), Ruby and Jasmine (black cats)

New school year started in August. Am not teaching ALL subjects for the first time. Still in 4th grade but only teaching the Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Spelling) and Social Studies. My "partner" teacher, Megan, my good friend, teaches all the Math and Science. (thank goodness).

Appointed to the library board for my town in September. (thought I'd try something new).

Thanksgiving Week was spent in Berchtesgaten, Germany where I head up the kid's program for a missions retreat. Took along my Brother, Kirk, his lovely wife Anne and MY DAD(he's 76 now)! When the retreat ended, we continued our trip with site seeting in Salzburg, Austria and Munich, Germany. (I will make a post about this trip alone, along with pics, if I can figure out how). It was incredible!

I was home two weeks before I was back to traveling. The Moores invited me to accompany them on a quick Christmas trip to New York City! (This will also require a separate post!)Just think luxury...and my first Broadway Show!!!!

4 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger mad4books said...

First of all, the name of your blog made me spew coffee on my keyboard. Thanks for that. :-)

Second of all...On stage? Bahamas? Appointed to the library board? Mission trip? Europe? New York? Broadway? You've been busy!

Please don't wait another seven months to blog!!! We need more LINDA!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I second that motion. You definitely have plenty to write about. So interesting!!!

I've heard so many funny stories of things you and Kristy have done together. You two are a hoot! You should get together more often to create some new episodes in the series. :-)

I look forward to the next entries on your blog.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger mad4books said...

Update, bitte! Ich brauche mehr info!

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger mad4books said...

It's MARCH!!!! Update time!

BTW, I'm coming to Fort Worth this Saturday...got plans?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home